Friday, January 1, 2010

Monsters!

Here are the Monsters! Thanks to everyone that submitted monsters for our contest. There are some fun entries, great job. They’re all in first name alphabetical order.



Sock Monster (lives in washing machine, makes socks) and Chocolate Monster
Aubrey Stout



The Parent Monster
Becca Wiser


Smarty Pants Monster, Teething Monster, and Speedy Monster
Kristi Gustafson
Bobby the Gooey Monster
Liezl Gustafson (age 5)

Garden Monster, Mime Monster, and Arctic Monster
Nate Stout

Patsy the Hairy Monster
Quincy Gustafson (almost 3)

Auguste
Scott Wiser


Modi
Scott Wiser

Man Mader (inspired by a mountain range)
Scott Wiser

Scott Wiser

Tanya Guymon

Taylor Thompson

Taylor Thompson

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so much good work here. My family had a discussion about the sock monster...that it should be the monster who steals the socks...maybe uses the socks to knit itself some clothes. The Gustafson girl's monsters are quite delightful as well. It would be nice to see the gooey and hairy monsters (those monsters made me chuckle) polished to a professional level...maybe a future contest.

    When I was looking at Nate's monsters, my dad walked by and said "I like the one with antennas" I like them all (though I would move Artic's right foot out so he doesn't tip over).

    I would love feedback on mine...

    On Taylor's, I think the monster dog is the strongest (though I would work on line quality if you put it in a portfolio)....and would love to see a story about a Popsicle monster.

    Great work everyone! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. Can I just say, I have a stack of monster drawings in our craft room. We have been drawing monsters all month. I really liked the garden monster. I loved the colors scott used in modi - and his eye looks amazing. Taylor, I loved the arms on the monster of the one eyed monster dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased to see what everyone did. It was fun to see the different ideas, so much fun. Thank you for participating. Aubrey and I liked Becca's monster-parent style...we can totally relate better now with our little baby. Liezl's monster made us chuckle, very cool. Kristi, we enjoyed you encompasing your perceptions of what's around you into monster form, great colors. I love Patsy the hairy monster. Scott, my favorite would be the Modi, also for the color version. I really enjoy the form of Man Mader though, it flows so well. Tanya, the one-eyed fuzzy monster is my favorite. Taylor, the monster dog is so cool but the tree monster is my favorite. Thanks everyone for putting time into this blog. I enjoy participating and feel like it's helping me...hopefully it's worthwhile for you too.

    ReplyDelete