Friday, January 1, 2010

Old Europe Contest

Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you for participating in 2009. I hope 2010 brings many more opportunities to grow for each of us...moving closer to our dreams. To start of the new year I want to go back in time. This contest is one of setting for those who are interested in illustration/drawing applications. Make a background for a children's book with a setting of old Europe: Germany, England, Spain, France, etc. Try to stylize it to make it yours. The background could be for an existing story, if you were asked to visualize it. A good example to check out would be the link on the right, check out the work of Alexandra Boiger. Her backgrounds help set the mood for the story work.
___
If you are interested in story, make up a short story that takes place in old Europe. Find something unique and interesting. I believe in you guys, you've already submitted some great work. Thank you for your continued participation.
___
Due date: Midnight, February 28th, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Is anyone excited about this contest? I just want to make sure I'm getting at stuff that inspires creativity. This is really to be a group effort so feel free to leave some feedback. I'll start a secondary contest, something I wanted to do if the first doesn't reach out to you.

    ReplyDelete