Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Contest

Kristi G.

Instead of thinking of someplace you would not see yourself at Christmas, I made a quick picture of the perfect place to be during Christmas....At a party, in a beautiful dress, dancing the night away. OK, you might not get it, but ask Aubrey - she gets it.  (Forget Christmas Story - Meet me in St. Louis always gets me in the Christmas spirit).

Nate S.

For my picture I didn't have a lot of time to develop my idea but it was centered around Christmas in the desert, celebrated by a little owl that lives in a cactus and always wishes Santa will stop by and visit him. I haven't thought about the logistics of the story much but essentially what I was thinking was animals that wait for Santa's visit and what interesting things he brings for animals. A big, ugly final has been on my mind so that's all I have so far.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kristi for getting yours in on time. It's hard to find time around the holidays but thanks for submitting the picture. I like the idea...Christmas dreams in all their diversity. I like how you're starting to show relationship between the characters in your picture, it seems rough but despite the roughness you're starting to show emotions, great! I'm still working on that myself. Keep it up! I'll have the final contest of the year out very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I wish I had a submission in here...Kristi, love the feeling of your picture. The girl's design is stronger on the girl...and it would be nice to see some snow over the characters as well...small detail, but it would make a difference.

    Nate, really like the concept and you got some depth in there. Question...I was going to suggest adding pupils to the owl, but is he asleep? If so, I'd make the bottom of the eyelids straighter.

    Good job for a quick draw...see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, Aubrey wanted me to tell you that she knew what movie you were hinting at in your picture and she thought it was magical. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete