Monday, August 8, 2011

Illustration Contest - Pets

Welcome one and all to the next contest. Sharpen your pencils, grab some markers, or fire up your tablet. This contest is a run on the last contest centering around "man's best friend". We want to extend this contest to any kind of pet. Keep in mind that I am not limiting this to any type of literal pet or common pet. Let your imagination be the limit to what you can come up with and then break those limits. I want to see your imagination flowing outside the paper.

Entries can be rough as a sketch or final, colorized works ready to be framed and hung. Just play around with the subject matter and see what road your imagination takes you down and then challenge it.

Contest deadline: August 22nd, 2011 at midnight.

(For this contest there will be prizes awarded for community favorite and runner up of two gift cards to Dick Blick: Art Materials. They will be small cards as I'm a grad student but I like the idea of adding incentives for you to put forth your best effort. I will have details later detailing the community decision-making process we will use.)

Good luck everyone!

2 comments:

  1. With each contest, as you specify the deadline, could you also give a date and time of when you plan to post the entries? I think that would make the contests even more fun...then we won't continually wonder and instead we can just anticipate. Thanks for another fun contest! -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment Scott. I'll need to implement that idea. I just finished moving last week and I don't have internet connection at home yet. I'll be posting the entries ASAP but starting with the next contest I'll include both dates, ending date for entries and a posting date.

    ReplyDelete