Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sketch and Resketch

For several months, I've had the goal of sketching quick faces as my computer saves and processes. All of these were done in under 5 minutes. This page had a particularly rewarding lesson. You'll see two sketches circled in red. After doing the first one, I realized I hadn't captured the expression, which is the main goal with these. So I quickly did another focusing on just the emotion, which means I exaggerated it further than I usually would. The result was lovely and communicated clearly. Sketching often, quickly, and re-sketching are among the fastest ways to learn.

Speaking of sketching, I'll be posting rough sketches and concepts for characters every day in December. This is an effort to generate multiple ideas for character driven stories I plan to explore and animate. Please stop by daily and feel free to contribute your own ideas and sketches if desired :






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post Scott. It was quite the illustration that we should treasure even the short moments, "breaks" we get in life and make the most of downtime. You are a great example of that with all you have to juggle right now. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete