Saturday, September 17, 2011

Contest Results - Pets!

Congratulations to both Kristi and Scott! After all the votes came in by comment or email I could see the results would be close. It ended up being an even tie so you both win as this contest was determined by a community vote. Your prizes ($10 gift cards to Blick Art Materials) have been ordered and should arrive by email shortly (within the next 3 business days).

Kristi, your work sure has improved and your talent grown over the last year+. Scott, I'm glad to have you still here and contributing although you have a job using your art all day long, I've liked watching the direction your work has taken and see where you are more willing to go bold.

Congratulations to the both of you. And if you read this blog and haven't contributed, please do. Let someone you know that is interested in drawing, illustration, or other types of art yet doesn't know how to get involved: well, please let them know about this blog and to just try it out. We welcome talent of all levels, after all none of us are ever really done growing.

Stay tuned and see what is to come, this Shoebox of Dreams just keeps on rolling (as good as a box can roll)!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Kristi. Fun contest, Nate - and I'm excited to get something from Blick. I know I do animation for a living, but personal projects are always fulfilling.....and that's a great plug into my current personal project, a new animation for my demo reel title. It is not polished yet, but it is coming along well! It the second video on my page: http://scottwiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some sculpey with the gift card...thanks so much...I'm going to try my hand at sculpting some characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Scott, I'm glad you found something fun with it. Did you purchase it online or find a brick and mortar store? I wasn't sure if they would work in a brick/mortar store or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Online. Shipping cost the same as the product, but I am excited, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete