Thursday, July 7, 2011

Paper Wings Podcast - A Fantastic Reference

Fellow contributor Scott Wiser has referred my attention to a great resource dedicated to assisting visual storytellers (illustration, animation, etc.) learn more about craft and connecting. The website seems like it's relatively new (could be older than the Shoebox though) but they have some great ideas they are working through. I encourage you to go check it out and see if some of their podcasts help you with the story process.

From what I've seen so far they have some similar ideas to the original ideas I had when I started this blog, some different too. Check it out today and let me know what you think. They are also sponsoring an illustration contest, but they're giving away prizes (good idea...wish I had money to do that...I'll think about it though). You guys are the best. Here's the link:

http://www.paperwingspodcast.com/

1 comment:

  1. We should note that these really up-and-doing artists. One works at Disney Toon Studio as a concept artist and the other used to work for someone else making comics, but it sounds like now she makes her own for a living.

    They actually arranged for the prizes through connections, not personal money. Within the PaperWings organization, they've set up apprentices to create what would they hope to be a student-loan-free education. Some of their apprentices are already doing great things!

    Another great thing there is that the discussion in the comments is as inspiring as the official posts. I think DreamShoeBox also has something special that we as a community can build, and we all we need is some more people and more participation to get it. Let's keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete